Monday 23 July 2012

The best things come unexpected

I really don't know the best way to start this off. I guess I'll just start from the top. As usual, Monday nights are dreadful cos it's the start of the week. I got home from Uplift, watched Masterchef then the Shire. When I entered my sister's (Sandra) room today, I saw a packet of animal food, which I assumed was sheep food. My other sister (Alice) was in Sandra's room, which was weird becos no one stays in Sandra's room for more than 5 minutes. It was also weird  because the heater was on and the room was so damn warm. So I ignored all that and went back to watching TV. My other sister (Wendy) came home and we all gathered around the TV and this is how the conversation went:

Wendy: Are we telling her now?
Sandra: Yeah, okay, ready?
Alice: Don't freak out..but
Wendy: Whatever you do, just remain calm and do not scream or anything
Sandra: Yeah pleaseeee keep calm becos I know you'll freak out.
Me: Don't waste my time, what is it?!
Sandra: There's a rabbit in my room
Alice: She bought it today
Wendy: From the pet store
Me: What?! I don't believe you, your pranks aren't very effective.

So they showed me a picture of a rabbit in Sandra's room on the iPad.

Me: WHAAAAT?! I won't believe it till I see it.
Sandra: Let's go see it then.

One by one, we raced out of the room and rushed into Sandra's room.

They sat me down on the bed and took out a big plastic container.

and then before I knew it,

 out hopped this tiny

white
&
grey
little rabbit.

Mind you, I've never felt this intense feeling of pure excitement/shock in my life, so I didn't know how to react to it. The first thing I did was start crying then and there. My sisters laughed at me but I kept crying becos it was such an overwhelming feeling. The rabbit is so cute, hopping around the room & suddenly everything started to make sense. The animal food was in fact rabbit food, the heater was on because rabbits need a warm environment & Alice was there since Wendy was at tutor and Sandra had piano lessons. I found out, they bathed the rabbit after school becos she peed on her feet. They gave her pieces of carrot to eat and left some water.

So here's the story. Sandra bought the rabbit after school today for $20 at the local pet store along with the food. idk how she managed but she got it home and till this moment...
my parents do not know. 



1 comment: