Thursday 29 December 2011

#1. Introduction to challenge & 5 facts/anecdotes.

Well the introduction to this 12 day challenge is kinda like the introduction to my blog. I might change some of the day challenges along the way because of various reasons but mostly because it's too personal. Reading through each day, you will know a lot more about me, which I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing yet. I've tried doing challenges before but I always end up giving up. Idk I like to think that majority of people who blog regularly or attempt these challenges, aren't just bored but in a way they hope a few people will read it. Maybe it's because at school they seem one way but really there's so much more. Reflecting upon the blogs I follow, their blog doesn't match up with their school persona. Idk if it makes sense but a blog expands everything, doesn't limit your personality. Although there's a colossal of things people don't spill out on the internet, I think a blog or a challenge will open up their reader's minds about different things, especially the blogger.

1. There was a Sunday when I went to the city with Anmol along with her family & family friends. I didn't expect to have so much fun. We walked over to the Opera House and took pictures, admired the scenery, etc. We then alighted a ferry taking us to Manly. I've never been there before so it was my first time on a ferry and to Manly. After while, Anmol & I wondered off to this beachy place but it wasn't Manly beach, more closer to the wharf. We stood on the jetty, just us two. I don't know what travelled through our minds but both decided to make a wish. In doing so, we threw in a coin each and concentrated about what we wished to happen. My wish was childish at the time but whatever. I don't really know what this moment taught me. Maybe it's to keep on hoping. Don't lose hope. Surprisingly enough, a few months later my wish came true; we started fancying each other more after the confession. I don't know if you believe in coincidences or just believe everything happens for a reason but for me everything happens for a reason.


2. I'm more of a kinaesthetic learner, which probably explains why I'm really sucking at Maths now and excelling in more creative terms. Which leads to one of my complications I've had for the past year. When year 10 had to wisely pick out our subjects for Senior Years, I was really stuck & upset that Visual arts was in the same line as Ext Maths. Being the type of person I am, I don't boast or admit to stuff I'm apparently good at because I don't think the ability I have to do that particular thing is actually that 'good' to be known of. But this is different. I'm great at Art & Photography. That's probably it. So it was hard for me to make a decision between Ext Maths or Visual Arts. I know how teachers and people say, 'Just choose the subject that you like doing, that motivates you'. It's not that easy. When I was in Year 3, I started tutoring at Belmore, which was the worst. Then to Northshore, Pre Uni & now Peak & Truong. Belmore, Northshore & Preuni were all shit but Truong built up the base of my mathematical knowledge. A lot of money has gone into my tutor lessons for so many years. If I happen to pick Art over Maths, then it wouldn't seem right in term of effort and money wise. In the 'Maths' view, it's like settling for something that's not even worth it. But like other things, I have an undying passion for Art. I don't even know what I want to be in the future. As part of growing up I have to consider every factor, especially money. Getting a job in Medicine would be alright, not so much fun for me but the $ is great. Getting a job in Art would be amazing. My dream. I would love going to work everyday. But unless what I do for a living is so amazingly great, then the money isn't so ch-chingy. Just to let you know, I did pick Maths over Art mainly because it's what is expected from me. & maybe you're thinking, 'Just do what you want to do, not what your parents want you to do', but I'm still undecided and I am considering changing to Art next year. There's a lot more to this but this fact is already long enough. I guess from this anecdote, I don't know the end result towards the lesson learnt yet. I'll just have to wait and see. 


3. Hurt changes people.
    Sorrow changes people.
    Pain changes people.
    Enough said. 


4. I always hope for the best but expect the worst. It's automatic. If the situation turns out really bad well then I expected it so I'm kinda prepared but if the situation turns out well then I just think to myself, 'It could've been worse.'


5. I don't like cucumbers, peanuts, lasagne & bean sprouts. Random, but I just don't like eating them. (Cucumbers smell delightful though)

No comments:

Post a Comment