Tuesday 31 January 2012

The truth behind the cage bird that sings.

^My title is from this poem we briefly studied in Peak English. It doesn't have relevance to this post except the fact that it's about cages & birds. Months ago when I was doing Pharmacy as work experience in Circular Quay, I was walking around mindlessly; not knowing where I was even headed. But after a 10 minute walk or so, I came across this little alleyway. I was amazed. I've never seen anything like it. I wish I had my camera that time but who knew I would come across this.
Above me were hundreds of bird cages of different shapes & sizes. It was simple but there was so much & it overwhelmed. It was simple & that's why I love it so much. At that moment, I knew to bring my camera the next day to take black & white photos from different view points but I never found that place again..probably because I srsly didn't know where I was walking. It was an opportunity that I wanted to take so badly. Till this day I still have the desire to walk wherever to find that alleyway. That all changed. The other day I was scrolling through Tumblr & found this photo.
I clicked through to the Flickr account & read through the comments & finally found where it was. Angel Place, surrounded by King, George, Hunter & Pitt street. Apparently there's also the sweet sound of chirping, which complements the bird cages. I showed my dad & he said he's gonna check it out & take some photographs because it is simply beautiful.


I guess you stumble along the most beautiful things unexpectedly. Like like/love, priceless memories & this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment